As Sweet As Tupelo Honey.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weesie.

On May 29th, Louise Saunders became Louise Price.

Because Louise and Bradford are loved by so many people, I never had a chance to do a toast at the rehearsal dinner, so I have decided to write mine here...

I haven't known Louise as long as many people who were in or at her wedding. We met on staff 3 summers ago at Camp Desoto, and have only lived in the same place for 2 summers. But my life- my day to day life- is full of Weesie. As many who know her can tell you, Louise is a woman of tips- she loves to share pieces of wisdom that she has and she loves to hear yours. My days are full of her tips- so when I use Purpose facewash every morning and when I use my MyAgenda all day everyday- with little pieces of truth written on each week- I think of Louise. And when I open my Bible, I usually think of Louise. The thing about a conversation with Louise is that it feels light and fresh and fun and usually full of laughter- sometimes some tears- but many times just smiles. Then later, you'll think back on something she said, and you'll be deeply changed. This is because Louise knows truth and she hides it in her heart. It flows out of her and she loves people so well just by being Weesie. Louise just gets it. I love you Weesie! Here's to Louise and Bradford! Cheers!

As for the Big Day... Louise hates having her picture taken- she just wants to be in that moment without posing, so I didn't take my camera out at all. But here is a description...

It was the sweetest wedding I have ever been to. Ever. It was a perfect wedding at the lake. The groomsmen walked us to the tent because there was a little bit of rain. Louise and Bradford were so intentional about making the weekend not about them, but about the Lord, and as soon as we walked into the tent, I could feel God's presence. It was so reverent and sweet. The music- 2 guitars with a keyboard and singing- and the pitter patter of the rain were perfect. If it was a movie, it would have been exactly that way- rain and all. We walked down to a guitar rendition of Canon in D, and Louise walked down to the girl singing Be Thou My Vision.

It was precious. She was beautiful. I never stopped crying.

Rachel

1 comment: